Cassandra Carr, an author of more than 40 works who also has 15 years of marketing experience and an MBA, offers writers 10 tips for marketing in the new age of publishing. The book is written in a concise, easy-to-understand format aimed at either beginning writers or any writer who struggles with marketing and promoting themselves and their books.
- Tip #1: Understand branding and platform and the differences between them
- Tip #2: Know what to do BEFORE your book launches
- Tip #3: Know what to do AT and AFTER your book launch
- Tip #4: Make a decision about blogging, touring, and hopping
- Tip #5: Publish as frequently as you’re reasonably able to
- Tip #6: Be a good citizen
- Tip #7: Use social media and author pages to your advantage
- Tip #8: Make your website and newsletter work for you
- Tip #9: Create a marketing plan and actually use it
- Tip #10: Don’t stop marketing yourself or your books
If the idea of promotion leaves you in a cold sweat, let an author who's been there and has the track record to prove it guide you on the simplest path to discoverability.