Human communication is far more complex than we can imagine, with the majority of the information being transmitted through non-verbal signals. Unfortunately, not many of us are perceptive and we often fail to pick up on these signals, which affects the entire value of the respective interaction. It is true that it takes time to master the art of nonverbal communication and we are more than pleased to present a book that can help you in such pursuits.
This book contains proven steps and strategies on using body language to your own advantage, communicating with other people in an efficient manner. It contains a wide range of practical instructions and exercises, so you will have a lot of practice by the end of the listening experience.
Here is a preview of what you are going to discover in the book:
- What are the things we refer to, when we say body language?
- Does nonverbal communication reflect what we think or feel?
- How cultural differences impact nonverbal communication
- Common gestures and their significance
- Handshaking under the microscope
- Smiling and laughter - essential gestures for a successful interaction
- How your body can be used to communicate with others
- Eye contact and its connection to body language
- Personal space and its importance
Use this book as your guideline into the world of body language and nonverbal communication. Make sure to go through all the chapters, jotting down any information you have considered to be interesting.