To awaken and not know who you are is a crushing feeling. Panic and hysteria override all other senses. Strangers approach and terror builds within your chest....
Holly Danger's current assignment, gleaned from a set of foggy instructions and a handful of coin stuffed into a slot, is to pick up a street kid who's about to terminate himself off a cliff....
For years, Will has battled feelings for Emma. He's not the only one who notices the dark-haired beauty. His lover, Paul, likes what he sees too....
He has to rule a Shifter Kingdom he doesn't want. She has to break all the rules to protect her unborn baby....
As one of the top paid defense-men in the NHL, my life has been a revolving door of beautiful women and no-strings-attached sex. Until Brynne....
Zander, the alien warrior prince intent on recovering his planet, needs a mate. While he would never choose a human of his own accord, his physician's gene-matching....
One playboy werebear, a human woman, and a surprise pregnancy - what could possibly go wrong?
Mara knew hooking up with a player like Grayson Wells was a mistake. He epitomized everything she hated about the opposite sex - from the testosterone raging through his veins, to his reputation as a rich playboy. However, those qualities also made him the perfect person to distract her after the loss of her grandmother and a disastrous break up with her fiance. Their time together was supposed to be a one-time thing, until fate stepped in and thrust them back together.
After losing his family in a vicious attack by hunters when he was a teenager, grizzly shifter Grayson Wells had learned to live his life to the fullest. He doesn't think beyond his immediate wants and needs. Hooking up with Mara was spontaneous, hotter than fire, and the end of his footloose and fancy free lifestyle. From the moment they touched, he knew Mara was the one for him - the mate he never expected to find. Convincing her to give him a shot is easier said than done, but he's willing to fight for what he wants when it matters. Discovering Mara's pregnant, only makes him even more determined to claim her as his mate.
As the heat between them builds, a new threat arrives and endangers Mara and their unborn child. If Gray doesn't act fast, his new family could be snatched away from him before he ever gets the chance to claim them.
What a nice romantic book! I listened to this on a rainy day and it was just what I wanted to hear. A good shifter book with a few surprises thrown in
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
I love a good shifter meets girl romance and this one is a good one. I've read a lot of them so sometimes they feel a little too similar, but this book had some elements I wasn't expecting and I really appreciated that.
The characters are well developed, the dialogue is realistic and the story is interesting, what more could you want? Oh, wait... there's some sexy fun in there too, can't forget that!
The narration is well done, good character voices and a smooth natural deliver.
I received a free copy of this book from the author and/or narrator and/or publisher in exchange for an honest review.
If you found this review helpful would you please take a moment to click yes below.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
a great book, I would recommend to friends and family. I really enjoyed this book and would love to read more in the series.
the narrating was great and I (as usual) get lost in the performance and just enjoy the book.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
This is my first book from Marlie Monroe. I'm usually a reader of books that are quite a bit longer. But this short shifter story I couldn't stop listening to! On my way to find more of her books!!!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
I was given a free copy of this story (audiobook) for an honest review. In the end, this was an okay story. While I get it was a short story, I had several issues:
1. The shifter part of the story seemed almost like an afterthought. In ALL the stories I’ve ever read that incorporated shifters, there was always a backstory to how they came about—basic history. I didn’t feel much was told about them in this story. Additionally, (based on past reading experience) when the main character meets a shifter (usually not having shifter friends) they would be curious and ask questions. But Mara never did that. Gray gets her pregnant after realizing he’s a shifter. Does she ask what kind of shifter he is? No, that's too personal. Does she ask if he has a condom? No, most likely it would be because she was tipsy? I don't know.
2. Based on the timeline of the story she found out she was pregnant in a much shorter amount of time than normal and never really seemed to question that fact, as in are females pregnant a shorter amount of time when they have shifter babies? Nothing, of course. It’s like she and Gray have sex, she’s sick for a few days and then bam! She takes a pregnancy test and finds out she’s pregnant.
3. Similar to the questions asked prior, Mara never asks what’s involved in the mating process either. I just didn’t understand her character. If she wants to be with Gray, you’d think she would be asking questions but doesn’t. I've read go-with-the-flow type characters, but she was too much. There was nothing to her.
4. How did Mara think having a sleepover with Gray at her house would have been the best option? Gray has a giant, empty mansion, whereas, Mara’s questionable mother is at hers.
5. The whole cliché of how a couple having sex and one of them describes the other as fitting them perfectly, or some other nonsense like that? Yeah, there has to be a better line or description. I’m tired of reading/hearing that.
6. Similar to the shifter aspect of the story, I also felt Mara’s mother was an afterthought. I mean she shows up, steals some jewelry, has a seizure and then disappears. What exactly was the point of having her in the story? There was no mystery that she randomly showed up to get money or something from Mara after her mother’s death. Was she just a space filler?
7. The fact that Gray is a bear shifter and a bear family appears in his yard? Yeah...no...
8. While the narrator did an alright job, why did she make Gray sound like he was trying to come across as sexy the entire time he’s talking? That was just too cheesy!
This was a quick, enjoyable romance with many likeable characters, some not so likeable ones, and a pretty good storyline. I loved the shifter element.
However I wish certain aspects had been given a little bit more time and attention in the story. Like I was wondering if there would be a tie back with the fiance Mara broke up with in the beginning. The loss of that relationship seemed like a minor inconvenience or blip in the storyline. It didn't really seem necessary for Mara to have had a fiance because the loss of her grandmother was enough of a reason for her to have needed the night out that led her to Gray. I kept expecting the fiance to come back later and cause trouble for Mara and Gray but he didn't. So it felt unnecessary. I also wish there had been more shifter presence. I knew they were revealed to the public but it just kind of seemed like Gray was the only one since he never came into contact with or even mentioned others.
The narrator was pretty good but sometimes came across a bit overly intense, especially in those steamy moments. It seemed more whiney then passionate.
I would be interested in trying another story from this author and narrator as I prefer not to make permanent decisions on just one story experience. This one kept my interest though and was overall pretty good.
I completely fell on love with the characters. although there was a little drama with Mom it wasn't over the top. A cute love story that had me smiling till the end!
I receive this in exchange for an honest review.
This book starts when Mara, the heroine, comes home to take care of her ill grandmother. This was a quick and easy listen. Gray is your typical playboy millionaire who has no strings attached anywhere. He's rich, good-looking, and he can do whatever he wants to do.
Their love match was fate playing games again. If anyone read any paranormal book related to shifters and mates then they would understand what I mean about fate playing games. I enjoyed the two characters because they ended up balancing each other out. They were not the same person trying to be in a relationship. Grey was more about instincts and following what his bare wanted to do and Mara was more about logical thinking.
We do get an antagonist in the story however it is not as severe as other shifter books. The person that does come is all types of suspect and that person should have stayed gone for the rest of Mara's life.
Irina Stone did a decent job narrating. My only issue with her is the fact everybody sounded the same. Some people had a country twang to their voice but it wasn't that noticeable when that certain person kept talking throughout the entire story. It all sounded like the end of the blending together. I did enjoy this story and I will listen to another story from Marlie Monroe.
An enjoyable short shifter romance. I recommend this book there is light humor, a little danger, and sweet romance.
This book was a nice short listen. I would have liked it to be longer than it was. But the book was good for being so short. I will read more books by this author. I’m not going to tell you about what’s in the book but I will say I would have liked to see her x get what he had coming. Over the book was good but it could have been longer.