1. The Characteristics of a Doberman Pinscher Puppy or Dog
2. How to Stop Your Doberman Pinscher From Jumping Up On People
3. Some Helpful Tips for Raising Your Doberman Pinscher Puppy
4. What You Should Know About Puppy Teeth
5. How to Crate Train Your Doberman Pinscher
6. When Your Doberman Pinscher Makes Potty Mistakes
7. How to Teach your Doberman Pinscher to Fetch
8. Make it Easier and Healthier for Feeding Your Doberman Pinscher
9. When Your Doberman Pinscher Has Separation Anxiety, and How to Deal With It
10. When Your Doberman Pinscher Is Afraid of Loud Noises
11. How to Build A Whelping Box for a Doberman Pinscher or Any Other Breed of Dog
12. Are Rawhide Treats Good for Your Doberman Pinscher?
13. How to Stop Your Doberman Pinscher From Eating Their Own Stools
14. How to Teach Your Doberman Pinscher to Sit
15. Why Your Doberman Pinscher Needs a Good Soft Bed to Sleep In
16. How to Stop Your Doberman Pinscher From Running Away or Bolting Out the Door
17. Some Helpful Tips for Raising Your Doberman Pinscher Puppy
18. How to Socialize Your Doberman Pinscher Puppy
19. How to Stop Your Doberman Pinscher Dog From Excessive Barking
20. When Your Doberman Pinscher Has Dog Food or Toy Aggression Tendencies
21. How to Stop Your Doberman Pinscher Puppy or Dog From Biting
22. What to Expect Before and During your Dog Having Puppies
23. What the Benefits of Microchipping Your Dog Are to You
24. How to Get Something Out of a Puppy or Dog's Belly Without Surgery
25. How Invisible Fencing Typically Works to Train and Protect Your Dog
26. Some Items You Should Never Let Your Puppy or Dog Eat
27. How to Make Sure Your Dog is Eating A Healthy Amount of Food
28. Make it Easier and Healthier for Feeding Your Doberman Pinscher
29. How to Clean and Groom your Doberman Pinscher
30. How to Trim a Puppy or Dogs Nails Properly
31. The 5 Different Kinds of Worms that can Harm your Dog
32. How to Deworm your Doberman Pinscher for Good Health
this book ranges from absolutely asinine 'advice' such as "follow directions on the package" to "hang up a tarp so your doberman can not see the mail man".
if you have never owned a dog before and never read anything about owning a dog or met anyone who owned a dog you may pick up a few things. even in that limited circumstance I would still suggest any other dog training book. please learn from my mistake and do not waste your money or your time on this one.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
What could have made this a 4 or 5-star listening experience for you?
This book needed a better narrator! Glad it was only 2 hours long. The author needed help with sentence structure. Certain parts of the book repeated so I thought I had accidentally rewound to an earlier chapter!
What was most disappointing about Vince Stead’s story?
I was disappointed this didn't have more specific info about the breed. I'm not sure that all the colors were ever discussed.
What didn’t you like about Jason Lovett’s performance?
Felt the narration was poor but it's likely I felt that way because the book was so terribly written.
If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from How to Raise and Train your Doberman Pincher Puppy or Dog to be Good?
All the ones that repeat. Sometime he restated the same thing in a sentence.
This is not Doberman specific. Perfect example is in the grooming section, where he talks about hair matting. I was very disappointed, because the only reason that I bought this was to be educated in the care of Dobermans specifically.