In Always Loved: Grieving the Loss of a Baby, you'll hear intimate and heartfelt testimonies of real people as they express a profound, yet simple truth. Love is eternal.
"We are a select group of people that have the unbearable task of saying we have lost a child. To many it is something they think can fade away over time, and we know that just isn't the case. We all mourn our loss in varied ways. To honor my son I tattooed his initials and footprints on my forearm; while you might have your child's footprint or picture on your mantle. Either way our loss is a unique circumstance that none of us had any control of." (Doug Williamson. His story and top-five list of suggestions on how to make it through are inside.)
A continuation of stories, inspired by Always Within: Grieving the Loss of Your Infant.
In each chapter:
Melissa Eshleman said goodbye to her four-day-old infant son, Lucas, on May 20, 2001. For over a year, she didn't know what to do, or where to turn. She read everything she could get her hands on, and talked to several people who had endured a similar loss to find out what helped them the most. She joined several infant loss groups and found that by sharing her story she was healing in the process. Melissa worked together with other parents like herself; those who have suffered the loss of a pregnancy or infant, to create this book of hope and healing.
- You'll discover that you're not alone, and find inspiration, strength, and comfort
- You'll learn helpful advice from those who have been there, on how to cope with such an unexpected and devastating loss
- You'll find ideas on how to keep a baby's memory alive through the years
- You'll see what family, friends, and care-givers can do and say to help during such a difficult time
- You'll find comforting poems, quotes, and Bible verses