Through extensive, detailed research, Nancy Isenberg has moved the story of American class tensions out from the shadows and given it new voice. Her richly detailed book, White Trash, chronicles over 400 years of American class tensions and seeks to give context for why these class prejudices are so pervasive in the "land of equal opportunity".
This FastReads Summary and Analysis offers supplementary material to White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America to help you distill the key takeaways, review the book's content, and further understand the writing style and overall themes from an editorial perspective. Whether you'd like to deepen your understanding, refresh your memory, or simply decide whether or not this book is for you, FastReads Summary and Analysis is here to help. Absorb everything you need to know in under 20 minutes!
What does this FastReads Summary include?
- Executive summary of the original book
- Chapter-by-chapter synopses
- Key takeaways from each chapter
- Editorial review
Original book summary overview:
Despite the recent election results in America pushing class concerns back into the limelight, the truth is that America has been struggling with its class identity for centuries. Since the time of British colonial settlement, millions of Americans have found themselves in an unwelcoming society eager to brand them as "waste people" and push them to the outskirts of society. Isenberg's incredibly thorough and groundbreaking book, White Trash, details the long history of class in America.
Please note: This is a summary, analysis, and review of the book and not the original book. This analysis is meant as a supplement to and not a replacement for White Trash.
More from the same
- Summary & Analysis of Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon | A Guide to the Book by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Summary & Analysis of Your Best Year Ever: A 5-Step Plan for Achieving Your Most Important Goals | A Guide to the Book by Michael Hyatt
- Analysis of Stealing Fire: with Key Takeaways & Review