With studies showing that up to 70% of our communication is non-verbal, what you say is not nearly as important as the messages we all give off non-verbally. Despite this, most people are not consciously aware of their own body language or the body language of others.
In this book we will look at:
- Why body language exists
- How we exhibit non-verbal communication through various parts of our body - the face, eyes, arms and legs - and how to read each
- How our voice can give away our true thoughts and feelings
- Gestures: their root meanings and how to use them to influence others most effectively
- What your posture says about you and how to use it to your advantage rather than your detriment
- How you use body language in the workplace - using non-verbal communication to give yourself the best opportunity land your dream job, exerting powerful influence while in meetings, and giving a memorable presentation
- Exactly how you can use body language to build stronger connections with friends and family
- How using non-verbal communication in the right way can make you a more effective parent
- The power of body language when dating: the signs to look out for in a potential partner and how to use non-verbal communication to give yourself the best chances of success!
- Non-verbal communication across cultures - avoid slip-ups and cultural insensitivity when communicating with those from other cultures and countries
- Being aware of danger signals - how an understanding of body language can help you avoid deception and potentially dangerous situations
Take the first step towards mastering body language in order to fully understand others and exert powerful influence in all areas of your life!