Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
This practical and entertaining book shows teachers how they can specifically bring more humor into students' lives, both live and in virtual settings because when they are laughing, they are learning.
In Jamie Mason Cohen's super, easy-to-listen and entertaining style he applies the stories from his time at Saturday Night Live to his decade-long award-winning teaching career. He is a TED-Huff Post International Teaching Award recipient for creating engaging virtual learning experiences and TEDx speaker on leadership. It is a book that inspires yet is grounded in actionable strategies.
The author has drawn on his fascinating contacts in the world of comedy, magic, human rights, and psychology to make applicable connections that can transform not just any classroom, virtual or in-person, but also the mindset of any teacher.
Humor in a class equals increased student engagement, less stress on the teacher and student, and better overall results. Jamie Mason Cohen shows that any teacher can add more light, fun, and creativity in their classroom through strategies tested for years and backed by real data.
Personal benefits for the teacher include:
- Go from feeling burned out to energized in your classes.
- Offers new, fresh creative approaches to your professional growth.
- Provides practical learner-centered lessons to give you more work-home balance
This is what you'll learn:
- Create a space where students are inspired to learn and start projects ahead of time because they can't wait to investigate the subject
- Help students feel more connected to their peers and the class
- Contribute to learners feeling happier and more emotionally content
- How to apply stories from your life in a compelling and relevant way to dramatically increase student engagement
- Instantly access a humor-based lesson plan for any class.