Discover the endless fascination of Japanese culture with seven ancient tales, selected for you for their power of evocation, wisdom and humor. Not unlike the western folk tales compiled by the Brothers Grimm, these stories faithfully preserve the spirit of medieval Japan, while rendered in a translation accessible to all ages.
Here is a wonderful collection of short stories:
- The Battle of the Monkey and the Crab;
- The Jellyfish and the Monk;
- Momotaro, or Little Peachling;
- Urashimataro and the Turtle;
- The Tongue-cut Sparrow;
- The Vision of Tsunu;
- The Old man and the Devils.
These fairy tales and legends of old are a window into the Japanese imagination; this unusual travel through space and time will delight children and adults alike.
© Public domain (P)2016 Compagnie du Savoir