Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $6.95
If you agree that there are common service skills all workers need to integrate each day on the job, then Soft Skills in Demand for 2020 Career Readiness is the definitive training solution for post-secondary schools, the corporate world, and working individuals.
The “Skills Gap” is real in today’s customer-oriented workplace. While technical or hard skills will differ by job description and industry, there are some universal soft skills that everyone needs to do well in order to succeed in their chosen careers - be they STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or non-technical occupations.
These skills include all aspects of the work setting - completing projects and commitments as promised, showing up to work on time, being kind to others, listening well, and solving problems in a timely, fair, and effective manner. Worker behaviors and attitudes that go against thoughtfulness, logic, meeting commitments, and efficiency get in the way of good business. Therefore, when soft skills complement on-the-job technical skills, it gets you noticed, appreciated, and promoted!
Written on a practical level, this learning book is intentionally designed to be:
- Affordable for students and everyday workers
- Easy-to-listen to with an abundance of learning features and examples
The 18-chapter content areas include customer service, communication, organizational leadership, interpersonal, and self-management soft skills.
- Customer Service Soft Skills • The Customer Experience, The Importance of Serving Customers Well, Emotional Intelligence
- Communication Soft Skills • Verbal Communication, Active Listening, Nonverbal Communication, Written Communication
- Organizational and Leadership Soft Skills • Project Management, Creative Critical Thinking, Relationship Building, The Work Ethic
- Interpersonal Soft Skills • Problem Solving, Team Building/Teamwork, Negotiation, Collaboration
- Self-Management Soft Skills • Time Management, Stress Management, Professional Awareness
Comprehensive “learning” features include:
- Reflection Question (Part Feature) asks the learner about previous success using the soft skill.
- Definitions begin each chapter.
- Quotations introduce each chapter to prompt and focus interest.
- Examples of behaviors clarify how the soft skill is applied by ordinary people.
- Key Points presents the fundamental bulleted soft skill facts and reminders to apply regularly.
- Best Practices provide real-world soft skill examples of actual organizations.
- Soft Skills Tip provides practical suggestions from today’s workplaces.
- Choices present “what if” soft skill work dilemmas to problem solve.
- And more.