Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $20.52
You already know that there's no script for effective leadership....
That's why Improv Leadership reveals five skills that will help you unleash your own leadership potential on every unexpected challenge and status quo.
Anyone can read books and apply lessons, but only the best can develop what they know to bring out the best in any person or circumstance. These natural leaders understand the key principles of connecting, coaching, and communicating and use these ideas to build strong teams.
In Improv Leadership, Stan Endicott and David Miller share five leadership competencies that all great, improvisational leaders have:
- Story Mining - how to uncover a person's story and let it shape the way you lead them
- Precision Praising - how to craft praise to inspire, motivate, and even course-correct your team
- Metaphor Cementing - how to create concrete illustrations to "cement" an idea in someone's mind
- Lobbing Forward - how to challenge people to look beyond today to what might be in the future
- Going North - how to use indirect influence to redirect a person's perspective
IMPROV leaders apply these five competencies to initiate powerful conversations, create memorable moments with forward momentum, and craft personal coaching strategies that help people, and teams, grow.
The five competencies of IMPROV Leadership are not rigid steps to follow. They are fluid and can be applied to any industry of field. You can't predict every challenge you'll face. There's no playbook that covers every decision. But you can cultivate teams of people who love their work (and each other) and who perform at a high level. And you can lead well in any situation.
What listeners say about Improv LeadershipAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
Great book in building leaders
This book brings good ideas and tactics to become a better leader professionally and spiritually
1 person found this helpful