Contamination to Transformation
- A True Story of Healing from the 99 After-Effects of Sexual Abuse (Incest) Plus, PTSD, Agoraphobia, Anorexia, Anxiety, Depression, Multiple Personalities, Suicidal Thoughts and More
- Narrated by: Marilyn Elaine Lundberg
- Length: 6 hrs and 43 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Categories: Biographies & Memoirs, People with Disabilities
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
If you have suffered trauma due to war, an accident, illness, abuse, or anything else, I am quite certain your trauma details will be different from mine, yet many of our symptoms may be surprisingly similar.
For 18 years of my life, I dealt with harm daily. I suffered over 40 years with a substantial assortment of trauma-related manifestations. I had no understanding of what was wrong with me, since most of my pain was lost in a fog of forgetfulness. I personally suffered from the following disorders:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which for me included flashbacks, trauma triggers, body memories, nightmares/night terrors, frightening thoughts, avoidance of thoughts and feelings related to the trauma, easily startled, feeling tense or on edge, difficulty sleeping, memory problems, negative thoughts about myself or the world, distorted feelings like guilt or blame
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Major Depression
- Suicidal thoughts
- Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD)
- Panic attacks
- Essential tremor
- Addiction to a doctor-prescribed drug
- I suffered from 77 of the 99 after-effects of sexual abuse
- Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Food and environmental allergies
The devastation of the above problems began when I was a child and lasted until I was in my mid-40s. I know my story sounds bleak thus far but don’t be discouraged. Peace, laughter, joy, and happiness eventually came my way.
My personal traumas came from three different long-term sources. Incest was the first form of trauma which resulted from two family members. The second area of harm to me was due to faulty care and nurturing from a mentally ill parent. Lastly, bullying occurred at school during my formative years and affected me greatly. All three areas of abuse proceeded to bring on the above disorders within me.
More from the same
- Silence Suicide: A Memoir of a Sexually Abused Girl Suffering from PTSD, Who Was Plagued with Suicidal Thoughts and Voices for Decades, Received Her Ultimate Miracle!
- Identifying and Healing Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Jagger's Eyes: A Memoir of Gratitude to All the Emotional Support Animals That Came to Rescue a Little Girl Who Was Sexually Abused
What listeners say about Contamination to Transformation
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anonymous User
WIKIPEDIA IS NOT VALID AS A REFERENCE EVER
WIKIPEDIAis NOT VALID as REFERENCE NOR WILL IT EVER BE SINCE for 1; its editable by anyone from anywhere (meaning I could for exmple change the name of a mental illness like Bipolar to "Occasional Psychopathic disorder" & anyone who can get to the site Wikipedia has the ability add or delete anything and write whatever they want and it will stay with the potentially dangerous incorrect information for days weeks or months depending on when the Wiki employees catch the incorrect info. I appreciate your story but really really I hope youve not used the DSM5 or any previous version to self diagnose or tell others what illnesses you think they may or may not have 'unless you're a current licensed/
board certified Physician recognized by the US federal gov. At the very minimum medical Journals as well as a reputable dictionary & published scholarly journals should have been used to site "Facts"
In anvanced college prep writing in 2004 as a HS senior amwe could only use professional published journals in 2004. Then at University of Wisconsin until 2008 my peers and me would be put on scademic probation if we attempted using WIKIPEDIA which was viewed as false info and considered plagerism since the info was not based on studies but rather opinions of random people who were able to edit as they wished . very misleading.
- Shar Gordon
Detailed but very boring
struggled to listen, got tiered of her talking about what WHikipidea says about her condition. Not worth a penny...sorry