Jon Ronson is a critically acclaimed journalist, author, and screenwriter who has contributed to publications and broadcasts including This American Life, The New York Times Magazine, GQ, The Guardian (UK) , and BBC Radio 4, for which he produced seven seasons of the award-winning program Jon Ronson On… His full-length nonfiction novels—So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed, The Psychopath Test, Them: Adventures With Extremists, Lost at Sea, and The Men Who Stare at Goats—have been translated into over 30 languages; many of them have been international best sellers and New York Times best sellers. Ronson’s original screenplays include the Netflix original Okja and Frank, which received the 2014 Best Screenplay Award at the British Independent Film Awards. He has also appeared on a number of shows as varied as The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Conan, Craig Ferguson, Inside Amy Schumer, and The New Yorker Radio Hour. In 2017, Ronson created and recorded the Audible Original series The Butterfly Effect, a highly-rated production that spent weeks on the top of the audiobook charts and was honored as a finalist for the 2018 Non-Fiction Audie Award.
You're getting a free audiobook.
Our favorite moments from Jon Ronson's work
- Them: Adventures with Extremists
- Are the international markets, political elections, and Hollywood run by an elite group of giant shapeshifting lizards? Sounds like a Ronson-esque conspiracy!
- The Men Who Stare at Goats
- Jon uncovers a covert animal program…and some very unfortunate ruminants.
- Speculation abounds about the real identity of Frank Sidebottom. Can Jon solve the mystery?
- The Psychopath Test
- Is society built on a rational foundation, as Jon always assumed—or is madness at the heart of it all?
- So You've Been Publicly Shamed
- Jon’s own experiences on Twitter lead him to discover the "great renaissance of public shaming."
- Lost at Sea: The Jon Ronson Mysteries
- Jon chats up a robot and discovers AI conversation is deeply profound…or utterly meaningless.
- The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson
- In which a fledgling porn entrepreneur senses his opportunity—and Jon senses a story.
- The Elephant in the Room
- Jon describes his unlikely connection to controversial radio personality Alex Jones.
- The Last Days of August
- Jon has even more than his usual anxiety about pursuing a complicated story.