Today, Audible announced the launch of Audible Latino—an integrated, multicultural destination offering US Hispanic customers a robust catalog of Spanish-language and culturally relevant English-language spoken-word content on audible.com. Additional information about this enhanced content discovery experience for Spanish-language storytelling and expanded catalogue of premium entertainment is available at www.audible.com/latino.
Armando Perez (Pitbull) and Carlos Ponce among top performers creating Spanish-language listening experiences and celebrating Latino storytelling.
“As the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio content, Audible celebrates the power of storytelling and shares captivating stories across languages and cultures with millions of listeners across the globe,” said Manny Miravete, Director of Original Content, Spanish Language at Audible. “With the launch of Audible Latino, Hispanic customers now have access to a dedicated home comprised of the largest selection of Spanish-language audiobooks in the U.S. We are thrilled to provide this important audience with this customized listening experience.”
Spanish-language “Harry Potter” series will be available for the first time ever in digital audio.
Audible Latino launches with the much anticipated audio premiere of Harry Potter y la Piedra Filosofal by J. K. Rowling, performed by internationally acclaimed Puerto Rican actor, Carlos Ponce. This is the first time that the Spanish-language Harry Potter books have been available in digital audio. Produced by Audible and Pottermore Publishing, the first title in the series is available for download now at www.audible.com/harrypotterespañol, and the subsequent six titles are available for preorder, with release dates later in 2019.
Carlos Ponce commented: “The magic of Harry Potter has entranced people the world over for more than twenty years. I am thrilled about this amazing new listening experience, for my fellow Gryffindors (and members of the other casas too!). Audible Latino is bringing outstanding storytelling and entertainment to the US Hispanic community and I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of it.”
Additional premium content that will be available for Audible listeners within the first year of launch will include:
- From Negative to Positive, written and performed by Armando Perez (Pitbull) – The Grammy-winning artist inspires audiences with the lessons in life that helped him become wildly successful. This Audible Original will be available to listeners in Fall 2019 in both English and Spanish.
- Talking While Female and Other Dangerous Acts, a collection of original short stories from Latinas across the U.S., co-produced by Christina Igaraividez and Alexandra Meda and curated by Teatro Luna – America’s all-Latina, all-women of color theater ensemble. This Audible Original is for anyone who has ever felt invisible, powerless or alone.
- El Principito, the Spanish translation of The Little Prince, offers listeners beautiful teachings about friendship, and the value of important things in life. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s timeless tale will enchant listeners of all ages with an all-new Spanish narration performed by Raiza Revelles – the most followed Spanish-language booktuber in the world.
- Desde México, Con Amor, an Audible Original produced by Maquina501 (El Pulso de la República, Deportología), is a captivating and humorous weekly show that entertains and educates audiences by putting Mexican culture on display through an American lens.
- The X-Files: Cold Cases, in which the original Latin American voiceover talent for the longtime hit series bring new life to this Audible Original featuring the original characters from the hit franchise, available in Spanish for the first time.
Audible currently offers thousands of high-quality and entertaining Audible books narrated in Spanish across a growing catalogue of Spanish language and culturally relevant English language titles and original content. As the world’s largest seller and producer of downloadable audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment, Audible aims to offer a unique and innovative content discovery experience for U.S. Hispanic consumers to explore, learn, enjoy, and share, anytime, anywhere and on any smart device through audible.com.
To learn more about Audible Latino, visit www.audible.com/latino.