Ten things you should know about this book....
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
Number 7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to:
10. Happily. Ever. After.
©2010 Julie Cotler Pottinger (P)2010 HarperCollins Publishers
This is a fantastic author who has real talent. She writes passionate love tales that just flow until - oops - a gratuitous sex scene. Too bad.
I really enajoy Julia Quinn's work, however I found the narrator to be annoying after a while of listening to her. Julia's books always tend to have good humor, mix with interesting char, however much of the wit and humor I so enjoy was lost by the narrator tone of voice, or intones at given times. I actually purchased the book in paperback half way through the reading to finish it and found the book far more enjoyable that way.
Report Inappropriate Content