Showing results by author "Terry Kerber"
All Categories1 results
- The Inspiring Story of a Black Cyclist and the Men Who Helped Him Achieve Worldwide Fame
- By: Conrad Kerber, Terry Kerber
- Narrated by: Barrie Buckner
- Length: 15 hrs and 17 mins
In the wake of the Tour de France’s fallen heroes, the story of one of history’s most legendary cyclists provides a much-needed antidote. In 1907 the world’s most popular athlete was not Cy Young or Ty Cobb. Rather, he was a black bicycle racer named "Major” Taylor. In his day, Taylor became a spiritual and athletic idol. He was the fastest man in America and a champion who prevailed over unspeakable cruelty. The men who aided him were among the most colorful to emerge from the era.
Great book, frustrating performance
- By J. Danoff-Burg on 02-24-17
Add to Cart failed.Please try again later
Add to Wish List failed.Please try again later
Remove from wishlist failed.Please try again later
Adding to library failedPlease try again
Regular price: $27.99