Showing results by author "Edmund L. Epstein - editor and foreword"
All Categories1 results
Mythic Worlds, Modern Words
- Joseph Campbell on the Art of James Joyce (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)
- By: Joseph Campbell, Edmund L. Epstein - editor and foreword
- Narrated by: Braden Wright
- Length: 12 hrs and 31 mins
In 1927, as a twenty-three-year-old postgraduate scholar in Paris, Joseph Campbell first encountered James Joyce’s Ulysses. Known for being praised and for kicking up controversy (including an obscenity trial in the United States in 1920), the novel left Campbell both intrigued and confused, as it had many others. Because he was in Paris, he was able to visit the Shakespeare & Company bookstore - the outpost of the original publisher of Ulysses, Sylvia Beach. She gave him “clues” for reading Ulysses, and that, Campbell attested, changed his career.
The brilliance of Joyce and Campbell combined
- By Diana_loves_audiobooks on 06-22-18
Add to Cart failed.Please try again later
Add to Wish List failed.Please try again later
Remove from wishlist failed.Please try again later
Adding to library failedPlease try again
Regular price: $29.99