Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
Recovery from active addiction is a lifelong journey that can take many paths. By aligning yoga philosophy and poses with each of the 12 steps, Kyczy Hawk presents a physical and spiritual guide that complements and augments any 12-step practice. Listeners will investigate how they think, feel, and believe by using a new vocabulary to process traditional recovery principles.
- Current findings increasingly support yoga and mindfulness as promising complementary therapies for addictive behaviors (Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2013).
- Provides clear and concise instructions requiring no prior knowledge and enabling people to experience the benefits of this ancient practice in the comfort and privacy of their own home
- Key yoga terms are explained clearly.
- Consistent practice will lead to a more positive outlook on life and help eliminate harmful attitudes and behaviors. It can also create a balanced lifestyle, bringing greater harmony, stability, and enjoyment.
- Anyone can benefit from yoga, regardless of ability, age, belief system, or life circumstance.
Kyczy Hawk is a certified yoga instructor. She lectures on yoga and recovery throughout the Bay Area and has been a presenter at the Art of Yoga Project and Niroga Institute's Yoga Therapy teacher training. As the Success Over Addiction and Relapse (SOAR) yoga teacher specialty-training founder, she has taught yoga instruction workshops throughout the United States. She hosts a weekly yoga recovery meeting on In The Rooms and manages the Willow Glen Yoga Studio in San Jose, CA.
What listeners say about Yogic Tools for Recovery: A Guide for Working the Twelve StepsAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- C. Anderson Russell
Experience Strength & Hope
Very good. The author has clearly done her work in recovery - yoga practice and study and this 12 step walk through is a great share in both areas! The reading is a bit monotone but easily overcome by the content.