Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $15.95
Enjoy this wonderful collection of Sherlock Holmes' adventures.
- "The Adventure of the Golden Pince Nez Doyle" - A crime with no motive puzzles the great detective.
- "The Adventure of the Three Students" - The answers to a university examination suddenly disappear.
- "Mystery of the Noble Bachelor" - An ecstatic bride runs from the altar, deserting one of the most eligible bachelors in England.
- "The Gloria Scott" - A wealthy landowner reads a strange note and immediately falls dead.
- "The Empty House" - The Moriarty gang plots to assassinate Holmes.
- "The Adventure of the Dying Detective" - Watson finds Holmes in a delirium.
- "The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone" - A game hunter stalks Holmes.
- "The Darlington Substitution Scandal" - Some of the most valuable portraits in England are to be stolen.
- "Reichenbach Secret" - Holmes must confess a lie.
What listeners say about The Sherlock Holmes CollectionAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Jason Romney
I couldn't even finish this one. The stories are fine but the narration is awful. The guy uses the same inflection pattern over and over for every line of each character. He talks like he's running out of tape on the recorder. No puses between thoughts or character transitions. He reads the stories like they are one long run-on sentence. After a while all I could hear was blah, blah, blah. Don't waste your money on this one.
29 people found this helpful
- Steve Kelem
Too fast, too repetitive
The narrator has a few good character voices, but speaks everyone's lines with the same cadence. It is too fast. It is monotonous. It is tiring. It is hard to follow.
4 people found this helpful
An Unusual Achievement
It's hard to ruin the Sherlock Holmes stories, but this reader has managed it. He gallops through the text with barely a pause. His attempts to differentiate one character from another are ineffective. And in case this wasn't sufficiently annoying, every once in a while brief passages are rendered with the hollow, echoing sound of someone yelling down a pipe.
Don't waste your money.
3 people found this helpful
- Curtis L. Francisco
I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes stories and liked these very much the accents made me have to think at times as to what was being said
sherlock holmes collection unabridged
YOU REALLY DO GET THE FEELING THAT WHEN WATSON RECOUNTS HIS EXPERIENCES, . HE CONVEY'S, EVERY QUIRK OF CHARACTER, EVERY NUANCE OF ATMOSPHERE. WHAT A PLEASURE TO HEAR THAT AMAZINGLY VERSATILE VOICE OF DAVID IAN DAVIES. WHO HAS RECORDED MANY ENTERTAINING HOURS OF ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE'S WORK. HIS PHRASING IS IMPECCABLE, HIS CHARACTERISATION SUPERB.
1 person found this helpful