Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $3.95
Short Story Press Present True Wind by Matthew Kilpatrick
“True Wind” is a fantasy adventure story set in a secondary world where magic exists and so do merfolk (although not in the form traditionally depicted in similar stories). Moonheart, a young merman of the Calm Winds tribe, is sent on a mission to rescue a human (or “drylander”) woman from the clutches of another drylander country’s enemy nation. He must also take his young, vulnerable sister, True Wind, so that she may discover her destiny. The story features:
- A secondary fantasy world filled with magic and other strange things
- A young merman’s struggle with bravery and conflicting loyalties
- A young secondary antagonist who hopes to discover her destiny, even if it means facing danger
- A dangerous rescue mission performed in an unknown, foreign land
- A climactic and unexpected resolution
The story begins with a depiction of the lives of Moonheart and his fellow merfolk but soon transforms into a suspenseful adventure where the stakes are high and a false or ill-considered move can mean disaster. You will follow Moonheart’s quest to protect True Wind at any cost, even if it means denying her destiny. He may learn, however, that destiny is not something one can thwart, no matter how determined they may be.