Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $14.95
If you want to learn how to program in Python, but don't know where to start read on.
Knowing where to start when learning a new skill can be a challenge, especially when the topic seems so vast. There can be so much information available that you can't even decide where to start. Or worse, you start down the path of learning and quickly discover too many concepts, commands, and nuances that aren't explained. This kind of experience is frustrating and leaves you with more questions than answers.
Python Programming for Beginners doesn't make any assumptions about your background or knowledge of Python or computer programming. You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this book. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach. As new concepts, commands, or jargon are encountered they are explained in plain language, making it easy for anyone to understand.
Here is what you will learn by listening to Python Programming for Beginners:
- When to use Python 2 and when to use Python 3.
- How to install Python on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Screenshots included.
- How to prepare your computer for programming in Python.
- The various ways to run a Python program on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Suggested text editors and integrated development environments to use when coding in Python.
- How to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans, and more.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations using Python.
- How to capture input from a user.
- Ways to control the flow of your programs.
- The importance of white space in Python.
- How to organize your Python programs - Learn what goes where.
- What modules are, when you should use them, and how to create your own.
- How to define
What listeners say about Python Programming for BeginnersAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Coding examples are too long for audio
Is there anything you would change about this book?
Better choice of code examples. Many coding examples were unnecesarily long so the point was lost in a verbal context.
What was the most interesting aspect of this story? The least interesting?
The introductions to each chapter were well written. However, the code examples were often poorly chosen.
The female narrator was very effective and pleasing.
Which scene was your favorite?
Did Python Programming for Beginners inspire you to do anything?
Inspired me to look certain topics up online.
Any additional comments?
Not sure I would recommend this book.
15 people found this helpful
Good material but...
The reading of all the code samples made this a really hard book to listen to. Basically it's not an audiobook, it's a regular book read out loud in exactly detail.