Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $17.99
An essential resource for anyone who has a close relationship with a person who is bipolar
This book provides a much-needed resource for family and friends of the more than five million American adults suffering from bipolar disorder. From psychotic behavior that requires medication to milder mood swings with disturbing ups and down, this book offers a warm and often humorous user-friend guide for coping with bipolar loved ones, colleagues, and friends.
The book includes:
- Guidance for identifying bipolar disorder symptoms and how to get the diagnosis confirmed
- Strategies for dealing with rants, attacks, blame, depression, mania, and other behaviors
- Crucial information on medication and its effectiveness and potential side-effects
- Techniques for dealing with attempts to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol
- How many people with bipolar disorders can care for themselves, get help, feel supported and go on with their own lives
This important book contains real-life illustrative examples and a wealth of helpful strategies and coping mechanisms that can be put into action immediately.
What listeners say about Living With Someone Who's Living with Bipolar DisorderAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
This book assumes that those with bipolar disorder are just going to jump up and try every drug and just willingly run to several different therapist, psychiatrist and other treatments. It fails it title in multiple ways. It also assumes that the United States has all of the resources readily available to everyone. I was looking for ways to talk my son into treatment without causing more chaos in his brain. I’ve caused enough chaos in my own brain just trying to FIND a Dr. with experience who will accept patients. This is not the walk in park that this book depicts.
- Amazon Customer
Excellent tips to deal with all this situations. I recommend it.
Great tools, good book.