Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
FROM THE PRESIDENT OF COMPASSION & CHOICES, THE GUIDE TO ACHIEVING THE POSITIVE END-OF-LIFE EXPERIENCE YOU WANT AND DESERVE.
It's hard to talk about death in America. But even though the topic has been taboo, life's end is an eventual reality.
So why not shape it to our values? Finish Strong is for those of us who want an end-of-life experience to match the life we've enjoyed. We know we should prepare but are unsure how to think and talk about it, how to live true to our values and priorities, and how to make our wishes stick.
The usual advice about advance directives and conversations is important but woefully inadequate. This book describes concrete action in the here and now to help live our best lives to the end.
Finish Strong will guide you through:
- Finding a partner-doctor to honor your values and beliefs with humanity, deference, and candor.
- Identifying what matters most as vigor wanes and stating your priorities
- Having meaningful conversations with doctors and family about expectations and wishes.
- Staying off the "overtreatment conveyor belt".
- Knowing when "slow medicine" is the best option to maintain quality of life.
- Navigating home hospice, the ultimate healing experience.
Written with candor and clarity by a nurse, physician assistant, and attorney who became a leading advocate for end-of-life options, this book can help you FINISH STRONG.
What listeners say about Finish Strong
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Herbert Braverman
Really should read this one...take it from me...
I am an estate planner/attorney and I deal with the topics discussed in this book all the time with my clients... You must do so also... Read the book and use the tools sprinkled throughout... You and your family will be better off at the end of a life...
2 people found this helpful