Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Audible Premium Plus
$14.95 a month
Buy for $19.95
Study while on the go! Listen anytime, anywhere! Audio allows us to learn and absorb information during our busy schedules. This audio prep covers everything on the exam and references The Exercise Professional’s Guide to Personal Training by the American Council on Exercise presented in an easy -to-understand, chapter-by-chapter format.
Note: The previous American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer Manual - Fifth Edition is still a valid tool to use for the exam. The new guide has the updated preparticipation screening, blood pressure categories, and introduces the new ACE Mover Method and ABC Approach. However, both textbooks and this audio prep cover the same topics that you will be tested on. The exam content outline has not changed.
The audio prep is organized in the following manner:
Section I - Introduction
- Chapter 1 - Role and Scope of Practice for Personal Trainers
- Chapter 2 - The ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model
Section II - A Client-Centered Approach to Personal Training
- Chapter 3 - Basics of Behavior Change
- Chapter 4 - Effective Communication, Goal Setting, And Teaching Techniques
- Chapter 5 - Preparticipation Health Screening
- Chapter 6 - Nutrition for Health and Fitness
Section III - Assessments, Programming, and Progressions
- Chapter 7 - Resting Assessments and Anthropometric Measurements
- Chapter 8 - Cardiorespiratory Training: Physiology, Assessments, and Programming
- Chapter 9 - Muscular Training: Foundations and Benefits
- Chapter 10 - Muscular Training: Assessments
- Chapter 11 - Integrated Exercise Programming: From Evidence to Practice
Section IV - Program Modifications for Clients with Special Considerations
- Chapter 12 - Considerations for Clients with Obesity
- Chapter 13 - Considerations for Clients with Chronic Disease
- Chapter 14 - Exercise Considerations Across the Lifespan
- Chapter 15 - Considerations for Clients with Musculoskeletal Issues
Section V - Professional Responsibilities
- Chapter 16 - Legal Guidelines and Business Considerations
CPT Prep is not affiliated with or endorsed by any official testing organization. All organizational and test names are trademarks of their respective owners.