Our People Principles
Audible's People Principles celebrate who we are and where we've been, and guide the way we work shoulder to shoulder to enhance the lives of our millions of customers. They reflect and apply to everyone who works at Audible—the entrepreneurs and operators, the dreamers and the doers, those who have worked here for 20 years and those who have arrived in the past few weeks and months.
Be Customer Obsessed
- We work ceaselessly to hear the voices of our customers—to listen for them even when they aren’t speaking to us directly. Audible inspires our listeners’ dreams and feelings, as well as serves their needs. That our customers depend on us is an honor, and we work to ensure our service exceeds their expectations in every way.
- Millions of people around the world are listening to Audible right now because we work in pursuit of ever-improving measures of our customers’ happiness and loyalty. Any change or improvement to our service must be executed with each and every customer’s ability to easily understand our intentions in mind.
- Understanding what we mean to customers and correctly measuring inputs that yield those insights allows the financial outcomes of our business to take care of themselves. Analysis is not an end result but one of the catalysts of original and innovative work.
- We endeavor to humanize our own voice across all customer connections in a way that reflects the well-composed and brilliantly performed words we deliver to our listeners.
- We obsessively focus on other key stakeholders as if they are customers too: We serve the writers, actors and other creative professionals who craft the words we deliver, as well as the people who live in the communities where we work. At Audible we prize the capacity to see the world through others’ eyes.