In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington. Tate as vital as the air he breathes…and now he can't live without her.
Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, Brooke is torn away from the ringside. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls Mine.
©2013 Katy Evans (P)2013 Simon & Schuster
Strong, sexy, wanting.
Remy of course!
She is a great narrator. I really enjoyed her voice.
I just kept wanting more!
Will do anything for books!
This one is such a great story. I was compelled the entire time, loved the story loved the characters. This book was a bit lighter than the last. Sooooo Goooood! Can't wait until the third is out, just a couple more days. Well worth the credit.
These books are HOT and great, both characters have issues, there is some drama. This series is "normal" sex stuff, nothing freaky in there. I also enjoy some of the intros into the other stories we will see later next year. Great author, narration was good. Absolute love. This is my newest favorite series! This will definitely be a re-listen over and over again!
Ok so this is a great series. I really liked the first book and was so glad that there was not a long wait for the second. I think this book was good if not a little overdone. The romance between Remington and Brooke continues and there is enough twist to keep it interesting. My only critic would be that the mushy "I love you so much" was a little overdone for me. I get that they are each other's life and they cannot live without each other but really it was just a bit too much. I would still recommend this as there is a good plot and some interesting twists. I think the author did a great job continuing the story without making it boring or repetitive. I highly recommend this as you will not regret using your credit.
Can't wait for Remy to come out. Hurry up Nov. 26! This book was the greatest. How could anyone ever forget Brook, Remy, and all of their family. Especially, Little Razor. The author is brilliant. The narrator is spot on. Loved this book. No, my reviews do not hold spoilers as you need to listen to this book. Buy it, listen to the first book, Real, and then Mine. Remy is next and I'm counting the days along with Audible. Thanks Audible for another great experience!
I love all genres of books. However, when I listen to audio books as I clean, garden, drive they are better with a lot of heat!
Most people loved this book and the series but I just could not connect.
I really wanted to like this book. I really did. But I should have known as I did not like the first Real very much. But I made the mistake of buying both so I decided to listen. This one was worse..
Here's what I did not like:
1. This time Brooke was whiney, stupid horny and jealous. I do not find these to be endearing qualities in a character and wanted to smack her after a few chapters. What happened to the girl in the first book? It is not the same character at all.
2. There was little depth to Remy. He didn't say much at all. He also seemed a little caveman like this time. No one is allowed to hug Brooke? Uh, that is unattractive and psycho.
3. Recycled story. Nothing interesting happened. Same bad guy. Same stupid sister Nora. Boring. I kept thinking things would happen, especially with the whole "gift" part. Then, nothing. Then, nothing. Then, still.....nothing.
4. Too many sex scenes. (What?!) Yes, too many. It got repetitive and boring after a while and I ended up skimming through the last few of them. Sadly, a lot of people think that makes a good story. To me, it does not. I guess I have higher standards and require an actual interesting plot or a build up to these kind of scenes. To me, it was pointless and made the book silly. There was no sincerity in them. Just porno cheese.
5. Repetition of words used. For example "proprietary" was used way too many times and I just had to roll my eyes. Too much of Brooke explaining how hot Remy is. Over and over. Lame. Yes, we get it, he is hot. It made her sound shallow and annoying.
It just seems to me like the author tried a lot harder with the first book and this one seemed forced. I don't think I will be reading her next ones. I am embarrassed that I actually read this and will not recommend to anyone as I usually talk about all the books I read to friends. This was just BAD..
Charlotte Penfield was good with the delivery of the story.
and romantic and one of the best series I have ever read.... a love story like no other ... that makes your heart yearn and and I couldn't stop listening ... I am in love with Brooke and Remy.... best series ever
How could you not fall in love with Remington? The writing itself and how it's performed make you feel like you are right there in the crowd watching every fight and in the bedroom getting arroused with every kiss and caress. I'm ready for more!
Report Inappropriate Content