This audio edition, featuring Academy Award winner Ben Kingsley's masterful narration, contains the complete text of Paramahansa Yogananda's life story, an absorbing account of a singular search for Truth. Yogananda describes his experiences with modern-day saints and illuminated masters of India, and presents a definitive introduction to the whole science and philosophy of Yoga.
© and (P) 1996, 2000 Self-Realization Fellowship
"A superb audio translation....Extraordinary work." (Library Journal)
"Ben Kingsley's smooth, articulate performance makes the formal writing style accessible to the listener." (AudioFile)
It's the unwritten words between the lines that make this book so extremely
inspirational. Yogananda had an incredible love for life and everyone in it.
He speaks of a way of life that is honest, simple and true. A fabulous book.
Read it and he'll accompany you if you decide take him seriously.
Kryia Yoga is for everyone, not just for a few. It is just like the sun light, meant to inlight whoever receives it. The east has the within, the west has the without.
A must read. A book of spiritual proportions and a unique interpretation on religion and spirituality.
First, I do yoga and have studied the Sutras and masters for years. Ananda is nothing more then a con-man. He speaks as he is an Avatar or Godlike yet he partakes in behaviors that show differently.
He teaches a "modified" version of Hinduism to give himself more power. The oppisite of what a real Guru would do. He teaches his brand as if Americans don't know the truth. Maybe 20 years ago, now he looks like a Television Evangilist.
That said, some of his words are verbatim from the Sutras and others works. So he can cut and paste thats deep wisdom.
His cult followers are some of the nicest people I have met. Just beware of those who tell you they are spiritually better then you. That is a good sign that they lack the one thing that makes them spiritual, humility.
Don't follow him follow yourself.
Say something about yourself!
so i just said 3 for everything not to piss off buddha, vishnu and khrishna. even though the men are shameless pigs who gawked at my sweet wife and jerked off under there pants while she took a dip in the cold ganga river. she was fully clothed in a wet suit no less. Its always nice to be pleasant to an 8 armed blue guy with swords. Its only 90% of the men who have no respect for women and think all american girls are whores. I know the other 10% and they are wonderful people.
I listen to the book all the time. It helps me contemplate on life and all that it brings and how to deal with it. the simple yet wise and pure anecdotes of Paramahansa Yogananda resonate truth in me. there is so much knowledge and history in the book, you'd want to research further.
yes. when the author talks about Jesus and how misunderstood his teachings have been throughout the ages. Paramahansa Yogananda explains a different Jesus experience that I can relate to.
you'll need to listen to the book in quiet, reflective mind.
Yes, as a matter of fact I have already listened to this audio book no less than six times. I find it inspirational and really interesting, and I am encouraged to take on my life on a whole new level - its resulted in me really exploring other spiritual books and teachings, take up yoga as a practice, and engage in an inquiry of my purpose on earth.
No, but I think the narration here is superb - excellent really.
Definately - the book is fairly long, but I could not get enough of it. I have even gone to get the hard copy, the kindle version, and some other writings of Yogananda.
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
Report Inappropriate Content