Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $24.95
This revision of Manning's popular The Quick Python Book offers a clear, crisp introduction to the elegant Python programming language and its famously easy-to-read syntax. Written for programmers new to Python, this edition covers features common to other languages concisely, while introducing Python's comprehensive standard functions library and unique features in detail.
After exploring Python's syntax, control flow, and basic data structures, the book shows how to create, test, and deploy full applications and larger code libraries. It addresses established Python features as well as the advanced object-oriented options available in Python 3. Along the way, you'll survey the current Python development landscape, including GUI programming, testing, database access, and web frameworks.
- Concepts and Python 3 features
- Regular expressions and testing
- Python tools
- All the Python you need - nothing you don't
Table of Contents
- Part 1. Starting out
- Ch 1. About Python
- Ch 2. Getting started
- Ch 3. The Quick Python overview
- Part 2. The essentials
- Ch 4. The absolute basics
- Ch 5. Lists, tuples, and sets
- Ch 6. Strings
- Ch 7. Dictionaries
- Ch 8. Control flow
- Ch 9. Functions
- Ch 10. Modules and scoping rules
- Ch 11. Python programs
- Ch 12. Using the filesystem
- Ch 13. Reading and writing files
- Ch 14. Exceptions
- Ch 15. Classes and object-oriented programming
- Ch 16. Graphical user interfaces
- Part 3. Advanced language features
- Ch 17. Regular expressions
- Ch 18. Packages
- Ch 19. Data types as objects
- Ch 20. Advanced object-oriented features
- Part 4. Where can you go from here?
- Ch 21. Testing your code made easy(-er)
- Ch 22. Moving from Python 2 to Python 3
- Ch 23. Using Python libraries
- Ch 24. Network, web, and database programming
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
More from the same
What listeners say about The Quick Python Book, Second EditionAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Gracy Harkwild
This is as bad as you would fear
requesting refund. can't believe they would even sell this. impossible to gather meaning with so much skipped over
2 people found this helpful