Regular price: $31.50

Membership details Membership details
  • A 30-day trial plus your first audiobook, free.
  • 1 credit/month after trial – good for any book, any price.
  • Easy exchanges – swap any book you don’t love.
  • Keep your audiobooks, even if you cancel.
  • After your trial, Audible is just $14.95/month.
  • Get access to the Member Daily Deal
OR
In Cart

Publisher's Summary

Advisor of Leadership at Google and former vice president of leadership at LinkedIn claims that the biggest driver of motivation is the chance to serve a larger purpose beyond our careers and ourselves, rather than salary, benefits, bonuses or other material incentives; companies that are able to successfully focus their people, their teams and their culture around meaning outperform their competition.

Fred Kofman's approach to leadership has little to do with the standard practices taught in business school and traditional books. Bringing together economics and business theroy, communications and conflict resolution, family counseling and mindfulness mediation, Kofman argues in The Meaning Revolution that our most deep-seated, unspoken and universal anxiety stems from our fear that our life is being wasted - that the end of life will overtake us when our song is still unsung. Material incentives - salary and benefits - account for perhaps 15% of employees' motivation at work. The other 85% is driven by a need to belong, a feeling that what we do day in and day out makes a difference, that how we spend our time on earth serves a larger purpose beyond just ourselves.

Kofman claims that transcendental leaders, whereever they are in the hierarchy, are able to put aside their self-interests, and help others to feel connected with others on a team or in an organization on a great mission, and part of an ennobling purpose. He argues that every organization involved in work that is nonviolent and non-addictive has what he calls an "immortality project" at its core. And the challenge for leaders is to identify and expand on that core, to inspire all stakeholders to take part.

©2018 Fred Kofman (P)2018 Random House Audio

What members say

Average Customer Ratings

Overall

  • 4.5 out of 5 stars
  • 5 Stars
    26
  • 4 Stars
    5
  • 3 Stars
    1
  • 2 Stars
    0
  • 1 Stars
    1

Performance

  • 4.5 out of 5 stars
  • 5 Stars
    20
  • 4 Stars
    2
  • 3 Stars
    4
  • 2 Stars
    0
  • 1 Stars
    2

Story

  • 4.5 out of 5 stars
  • 5 Stars
    21
  • 4 Stars
    5
  • 3 Stars
    1
  • 2 Stars
    0
  • 1 Stars
    1
Sort by:
  • Overall
    4 out of 5 stars
  • Performance
    4 out of 5 stars
  • Story
    3 out of 5 stars

Would recommend if you fit the management niche

Great book if you want to grow your management skills, if that is you, it is a must read.

1 of 2 people found this review helpful

  • Overall
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Performance
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Story
    5 out of 5 stars

Otra genialIdad de Fred

La revolucion del sentido es la base fundamental de La Empresa Consciente. Los problemas "duros" que sufren las personas dentro da las organizaciones, como la desinformacion, falta de alineamiento y desconexcion tienen soluciones "suaves". Sin duda una lectura obligada para cualquier lider que quiera trascender en su exterior e interior.

1 of 3 people found this review helpful

  • Overall
    1 out of 5 stars
  • Performance
    1 out of 5 stars
  • Story
    1 out of 5 stars

A dyslexics nightmare, heavily accented reader

I'm severely dyslexic, audiobooks and being able to listen at high speeds are an absolute savior. The author narrates his own book and has a heavy Latin accent which creates a much higher barrier for aural understanding especially at higher speeds. This is a huge disappointment for me. I appreciate the author providing the voice for his own audiobook, but it's the opposite of the cognitive aide I was hoping for.

0 of 1 people found this review helpful