Practical advice on everything from making the bed to shaking hands to flirting, all from experts in their fields.
A "Cliffs Notes for life", this practical guide features 100 original essays by leading experts from around the world who offer their unparalleled insights into how to perform everyday tasks, from remembering names to ironing a shirt. It features both the famous (like Suze Orman) and the lesser known (like the head groundskeeper at Fenway Park).
Hear a range of experts: everyone from Donald Trump (negotiating) to Stephen Covey (managing your time) to Debbi Fields (baking great cookies). Let Ira Glass teach you how to tell an interesting story, and Larry King explain the art of listening.
The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do brings together the best of the best, offering the world's most valuable advice. It includes:
- "Do Push-Ups and Sit-Ups" by Kathy Smith
- "Brew Coffee" by Cecile Hudon
- "Read a Newspaper" by Arthur Sulzberger Jr.
- "Shine Shoes" by Sal Iacono, aka the Sole Man
- "Manage Your Time" by Stephen R. Covey
- "Give and Receive a Compliment" by Mary Mitchell, aka Ms. Demeanor
- "Negotiate" by Donald Trump
- "Listen" by Larry King
- "Tell a Story" by Ira Glass
- "Deliver Bad News" by Dr. Robert Buckman
- "Balance Your Checkbook" by Terry Savage
- "Save Money" by Suze Orman
- "Understand Your Pet" by Warren Eckstein
- "Remove a Stain" by Linda Cobb, aka The Queen of Clean
- "Do Laundry" by Heloise
- "Paint a Room" by Bob Vila
- "Read Aloud" by Cory Booker
- "Hit a Tennis Ball" by Jennifer Capriati
- "Build a Fire" by Jim Paxon
- "Tell a Joke" by Howie Mandel
- "Be a Good Houseguest" by Amy Alkon, aka the Advice Goddess
- "Flirt" by Susan Rabin
- "Plan a Wedding" by Darcy Miller
- "Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies" by Debbi Fields
- "Smile for the Camera" by Katie Ford
"A groovily laid-back, ramblingly anecdotal, sun-soaked bit of Caribbean escapism....This book is as cheery and tropical as Buffet's music." (Publishers Weekly)
"Tully reminds us why Buffet's laid-back lyrics and stream-of-consciousness prose are almost hypnotically addictive....This mystical, mind-bending journey will appeal to fans of Buffet's uniquely fuzzy blend of comedy and insight." (Booklist)
What members say
Average Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- M. Taylor
A tough listen
I question the reasoning behind creating this audio book. Many of the tips are common sense (who doesn't know how to open a wine bottle?), and most are useless. The trouble is that you cannot easily skip to the tips you like. In written form, you could easily go to the tips that interest you, or revisit them when you want to take that particular task on.
Listening to the tips at a stretch was boring and a waste of time.
This would make a good bathroom book.
The narration was very good.
6 of 7 people found this review helpful
- Cream Ridge, NJ, USA
100 boring ideas
This was not a good listen. It was boring and a waste of my time- it made me appreciate my radio. I listened to all 100 hoping that one of them would be worth my time. Alas- nary one.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful