Follow this essential step-by-step tutorial to understand and install your solar panels today!
Solar Power DIY Handbook is loaded with useful content and is an excellent guide on how one can choose, decide on, and install efficient and reliable solar power in one's home. It's also great for professional installers who haven’t mastered installation, as it outlines the necessary steps to follow.
The entire audiobook is divided into 15 chapters. The fore chapters discuss the basics of electricity and the electrical components, including resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, and inductors. The latter chapters address the theory about solar energy, the solar cell, and the photovoltaic effect and how it produces electricity. It explains how small solar cells are bundled together to form a solar module and how several modules are clustered to form a panel. You need this handbook.
Here is a preview of what you will learn:
- The fundamentals of basic electric circuits to include resistors, capacitors, and transistors.
- It explains clearly how solar cells work and how the choice of modules for the application affects efficiency and functionality.
- You get detailed explanation of inverters and charge controllers and what you would need to install solar panels in an RV, home, boat, or shed.
- It gives you the advantages of choosing lithium over lead battery, also detailing what switch type is ideal for your project.
- It outlines the advantages of buying premade or assembling your unit from scratch and also explains why you would want your panels to face a certain direction and what angle is optimal.
- It also describes upcoming technologies around solar power that are useful for every installer.
More from the same
What members say
- Shahrukh Farooqui
paradigm shift in energy resource well explained
good and timely book since environment change forcing world to non traditional energy resource and thinning
- Anonymous User
Good read. It could have have a little more info on environmental factors about batteries