• Santa Fe Locomotive Development

  • A Pictorial History in Chronological Order Steam to Diesel 1869-1957
  • By: Larry E. Brasher
  • Narrated by: Paul Bright
  • Length: 2 hrs and 49 mins
  • 4.7 out of 5 stars (3 ratings)

Prime logo Prime members: New to Audible?
Get 2 free audiobooks during trial.
Pick 1 audiobook a month from our unmatched collection.
Listen all you want to thousands of included audiobooks, Originals, and podcasts.
Access exclusive sales and deals.
Premium Plus auto-renews for $14.95/mo after 30 days. Cancel anytime.
Santa Fe Locomotive Development  By  cover art

Santa Fe Locomotive Development

By: Larry E. Brasher
Narrated by: Paul Bright
Try for $0.00

$14.95/month after 30 days. Cancel anytime.

Buy for $5.99

Buy for $5.99

Pay using card ending in
By confirming your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and Amazon's Privacy Notice. Taxes where applicable.

Publisher's summary

This book encompasses in brief the story of Madame Queen and embraces steam locomotive development on the Santa Fe from 1869 to the officially announced end of steam operations in 1953. The actual end date of steam operation was August 1957.

Presented for the first time in chronological order in one publication, here is a brief story of motive power development on the Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe Railway. Representative locomotive types and classes are shown as technology developed, thus the overlap between the fruition of steam perfection and early diesel development is demonstrated.

This work is a collaborative effort between Sam D. Teague, President of the Railroad Artifact Preservation Society, Inc. and Larry E. Brasher, author of Santa Fe Locomotive Development, which was published by Signature Press in 2006.

©2010 Larry E Brasher (P)2016 Railroad Artifact Preservation Society
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Categories: History

What listeners say about Santa Fe Locomotive Development

Average customer ratings
Overall
  • 4.5 out of 5 stars
  • 5 Stars
    2
  • 4 Stars
    1
  • 3 Stars
    0
  • 2 Stars
    0
  • 1 Stars
    0
Performance
  • 4 out of 5 stars
  • 5 Stars
    2
  • 4 Stars
    0
  • 3 Stars
    0
  • 2 Stars
    1
  • 1 Stars
    0
Story
  • 4.5 out of 5 stars
  • 5 Stars
    1
  • 4 Stars
    2
  • 3 Stars
    0
  • 2 Stars
    0
  • 1 Stars
    0

Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.

Sort by:
Filter by:
  • Overall
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Performance
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Story
    5 out of 5 stars

excellent was better then expected

Was very good. Detailed and no fluff. If you love yrains this is a must listen.

Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.

You voted on this review!

You reported this review!

  • Overall
    4 out of 5 stars
  • Performance
    2 out of 5 stars
  • Story
    4 out of 5 stars

excellent detail on different locomotives

but in the first 20% I listened to a good segment of audio which was repeated as if someone spliced it together wrong - I am worried if the other 80% is similar although technically railroad info is right - it is disturbing that audio is repeated

Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.

You voted on this review!

You reported this review!