Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $34.22
Men of the Bible offers both men and women a fresh way to listen to and understand the Bible - through the eyes and hearts of the men whose stories unfold in its chapters.
This unique book takes a close-up look at 52 men in scripture - complex flesh-and-blood characters whose strengths and weaknesses will seem strangely similar to your own. Heroes and villains, sinners and prophets, commoners and kings - their dramatic life stories provide you with a fresh perspective on the unfolding story of redemption.
Though our culture differs vastly from theirs, the fundamental issues we face in relation to God and the world remain the same. We still reach for great dreams and selfish ambitions. We wrestle with fear and indecision, struggle with sexual temptation, and experience the ache of loneliness and the devastation of betrayal. And, like many of these men, we long to walk more closely with the God who calls us into an intimate relationship with himself and who enables us to fulfill his purpose for our lives.
Men of the Bible offers men and women today a unique devotional experience that combines five elements. Each week becomes a personal retreat focused on the life of a particular man:
- Monday: His Story - a narrative retelling of the biblical story
- Tuesday: A Look at the Man - focusing on the heart of the man and how his story connects with your own life
- Wednesday: His Legacy in Scripture - a Bible study on principles revealed through the life of the man
- Thursday: His Legacy of Promise - Bible promises that apply to his life and yours
- Friday: His Legacy of Prayer - praying in light of his story
Designed for personal prayer and study or for use in small groups, Men of the Bible will help you make Bible reading a daily habit. Whether you dip into portions or listen to every minute, this book will help you grow in character, wisdom, and obedience as a person after God's own heart.