You've primed for your dream career with the right ingredients: education, technical savvy, and personal network. It's up to you to take control of your life. But where are you supposed to start?
Serial entrepreneur and TEDx speaker Dr. John Shufeldt, MD, JD, MBA, has mentored young people throughout his 30-year career. The main question he's asked by students and recent graduates is, "How did you do it?" LeadershipYOU answers this question in 10 key principles that guide a life of self-leadership:
- Humility: the elusive virtue
- Passion: switching to afterburner
- Integrity: A forever value
- Learning: there's wisdom in the whys
- Persistence: from stumbling blocks to stepping stones
- Kindness: it can be contagious
- Equanimity: keep cool's a good rule
- Risk Taking: leaving the nest
- Optimism: keep your sunny side up
- Humor: brighten your world
Choosing to take charge of your life is the first step in attaining the incredible future you dream about. Innovative leaders challenge the norm to reach their greatest path of success. Challenge yourself to do better and be better by applying the 10 principles in LeadershipYOU. You'll notice yourself becoming a more effective, higher-achieving leader, colleague, and professional. More than anything, you'll be reminded of the necessary traits to lead the most important player in your life - you.