Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
For assistance with ordering the book go to replicate ministries site. This audiobook has the potential to change your life!
I think I'm a lot like you. There was a time in my life when I wanted to grow in my faith but just didn't know how.
I owned a Bible, but didn't understand it.
- I heard others pray, but didn't know how to communicate with God.
- I wanted to share my faith with others, but didn't know where to start.
- I had friends at Church, but lacked deep relationships with anyone.
- I wanted to hide God's word in my heart, but lacked a plan for memorization.
- I read the Scriptures, but didn't know how to apply them.
Maybe this is where you are today.
One day, my life changed forever. What was the turning point? I realized the importance and power of discipleship. Two men took the time to invest in my life (David Platt - author of Radical and Follow Me, as well as the foreword of my book - and Tim Lafleur). Since then, I have read nearly every book on discipleship, searching for answers to my questions.
Now, I want to share my findings with you. Growing Up takes the guesswork out of growing closer to the Lord and equipping others to do the same. This book has the potential to change your life!
In Growing Up, you will learn:
- Three essential relationships every believer must be fostering;
- How to begin, lead, and reproduce a D-Group (i.e., discipleship group)
- Why a D-Group of three to five is more effective than an one-on-one relationship
- A proven method for hearing from God
- One spiritual discipline that every disciple should be practicing
- Six questions every believer must be able to answer
- The difference between an addition and multiplication strategy
- Answers to commonly asked questions about disciple-making
- And much, much more!
Do not listen to this book and then discard it. As a manual for making disciples, Growing Up is a resource that you can use for years to come.
- Underline in it.
- Write in the margins.
- Interact with it.
- Meditate on it.
How can I promise that this book will change your life?
- This book is built on solid biblical principles. God's Word, which he promised would never return void, imparts faith and produces a life change.
- These principles have been tried and tested over the past decade in various discipleship groups.
- My life has been impacted immensely through disciplining relationships. I share my story of how God radically saved me from a life of drugs and alcohol in chapter one.
What listeners say about Growing UpAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Good for early Christians
I am researching ways to intentionally support ongoing spiritual growth/maturity in the Church. While Gallaty's personal story is great, his insights are more geared towards newer believers.
- Timothy Meigs
Awesome book on discipleship.
Book was really in depth and broken down on how to be a good disciple.
Great narration for a solid book.
Terrific and easily understood narration for a great study and training book for new D-Group development.
I still would recommend having the physical book on hand to look at and just using this Audible release as an accompaniment. The reference notes, charts, and ability to take note in the book are great tools so if you must choose to only have one copy, I'd strongly advise getting the physical book.
If, like myself, you also struggle to find time and attention to just sit and read the book on your own, then this Audible reading is a wonderful addition to have.
- R. Browning
Get past the reader of the books somewhat monotonous tone and it’s a great book!