Driving around the city in any metropolitan areas we all see trendy coffee shops everywhere and not all of them are Starbucks. Do you ever wonder why there are so many new boutique coffee shops popping up everywhere? Well, according to National Coffee Association (www.ncausa.org), it is not a hoax, but the new trend and this is the reality. The coffee industry and the coffee shop business have boomed in recent years, especially with regards to specialty coffees.
Here is what CCAUSA has gathered from their research:
- Out of home coffee consumption has reached a new high of 46% in 2017
- 59% of coffee consumed daily is gourmet coffee
- In the US more than 65% of the adult population drinks coffee every day: that means roughly about 70 million daily coffee drinkers
- 66% of people in the US buy their daily coffee outside their home
- Gross profit margin for most coffee shops is around 85%
- In the US the coffee shop business is a 10 billion dollar industry
Let these numbers sink in for a minute. Let’s agree that all these numbers are saying one thing - that is the coffee industry has been on the rise for last few years, and it will continue to grow.
This is what you will learn in this book:
If you are thinking about opening a coffee house, here are the 13 steps that you will need to take.
- How to get funding for your new business
- How to write or get a coffee shop business plan
- Site selection and leasing
- Licensing and permits you will need (Uncle Sam)
- Décor and furniture you need (How to Buy Cheap)
- Menu and signs
- Equipment: how and where to locate good used ones
- Planning build-out
- Management and employees
- Getting the best food and coffee supplies
- Pricing and POS system
- Soft and grand opening
- Marketing and promotion