Listen in as Chicago Reader columnist and radio host Ben Joravsky talks to Dave Glowacz on one particular focus - tax-increment financing - of Ben's articles, books, and other work. Some of Ben's articles discussed:
- "CPS's fantasy infomercial avoids any talk of strikes, layoffs, or budget cuts."
- "Rahm's fleet-facility deal helps the North Side more than the South Side."
- "County clerk's reform talk annoys another mayor."
- "Aldermen advance Rahm's South Loop plan without analyzing it first."
- "Here's the latest proposal to spend TIF money in an area that doesn't need it."
- "How much will Chicago's new digital manufacturing institute end up costing taxpayers?"
- "How to irritate Mayor Emanuel and do some legislating in one easy step."
Online since 2007, Interviews with Ben Joravsky by Dave Glowacz is an Internet and broadcast radio talk show featuring in-depth interviews on governmental and political issues important to Chicagoland residents. Dave and Ben provide not only intelligent analysis, but amusing commentary and no-holds-barred insight. Unlike other headline-level chatfests that barely touch ground, Dave and Ben's interviews provide sound intelligence that turns their audience into weaponized voters.