Former Navy SEAL and preeminent American survivalist Cade Courtley delivers step-by-step instructions anyone can master in this user-friendly guide. You'll learn to think like a SEAL and how to:
From random shootings to deadly wildfires to terrorist attacks, the reality is that modern life is unpredictable and dangerous. Don't live in fear or rely on luck. Learn the SEAL mindset: Be prepared, feel confident, step up, and know exactly how to survive any life-threatening situation.
©2012 SEAL Survival, LLC (P)2014 Tantor
I would have never bought this book had audible not been running a special on it. Having listened to it nonstop cover to cover, I highly recommend you buy it any price.
the author goes through many real life situations and gives you ideas on how to survive and thrive in those situations.
the narrator does a great job and really made for a great listening experience
buy this book today, it just might save a life.
Written from a Navy SEAL perspective, this book is jam-packed with useful, practical survival information. It covers a broad range of plausible scenarios, and offers helpful suggestions on how to prepare, prevent, and cope with any number of disasters that may occur. It is truly remarkable how much information there is to be had.
The 'Survival Guide' is written and read in a concise and interesting way, and carries with it a feeling of being genuine and trustworthy. It is a great book in this field!
Good "survival non-fiction".
My favorite genres are absurdist humor, Sci-fi & modern fantasy, but, as you can see, I'll read just about anything. Don't mind the typos.
Good information delivered in a interesting and understandable way. Good listen for anyone interested in handling any situation.
I really loved this book, it helped out a lot. I have been wanting to know these type of things for a long time, And I do like to know how the Navy SEALs think.
This book is a special case since it's purpose is to educate and be a resource rather than to entertain its reader/listener. On that note, very, very useful. I recommend this to anyone. Survival situations are never planned, and after reading this it is interesting how much the average person doesn't know about basic survival.
The survival insights were interesting to learn about.
He has a great voice. Plus, his acting made (what would normally be dry) the book entertaining.
No. Too long, and it's not that kind of book.
Excellent book. Loads of realistic survival techniques. This is one book to listen to again and again to keep current.
Even as an old Soldier and long time prepper, I learned a thing or two in this book. If you're not in the military you should gain a great deal from it. I gave it 4 out of five stars only because the author steps way outside what I would consider plausible survival scenarios. That said, it was fun to consider and allowed my mind to play a mental movie about each different environment he places the reader. Some of the environments, such as the desert, I've been fortunate enough to experience already and am here to say, that shit is no joke.
This is literally a guide, and it's a begin with the basics approach. While it is all legitimate stuff, it's pretty dang boring. I was expecting it to be more about survival in extreme situations. You know Bada$$ Seal stuff, instead it was practical and boring like my real life. The lengthy portion of how important seat belts are and you should never text and drive etc were the last words I heard before I gave up on it.
... Do I really care? If you know me, you already know the answer...
If you have ANY common sense, you will know 98% of the contents. The other 2% are for those that live in the artic, where you might encounter a polar bear. I purchased this book, in hopes to understand some of the techniques of SERE, but none was given.
First the author tells you to expand your physical endurance and train your mental endurance - so that you have what it takes to have the physical strength to escape the situation and the ability to control mental state (so you don't freeze or panic in harmful situations,) but never really gives exercises to how. Granted, getting locked into a tight box for a few hours does wonders to mental state, and unless you trust someone, I wouldn't recommend trying.
I guess, he could have gone through things, like drown-proofing, and other exercises... Add a disclaimer - since generally training your mental state involves dangerous "tests" - you don't know what you will do, until you are put in the situation - but just running situations through your mind will not have the same effect than "living it."
Again, if you have ANY common sense, you know the contents of the book. Darn - I was hoping for techniques (even if disclaimed AGRESSIVELY) to help the readers to prepare for mental states.
Report Inappropriate Content