The Holman Christian Standard Bible is one of the most accurate translations of the scriptures. Let professional voice artist Dale McConachie, narrator of over 100 audiobooks, take you on a journey through God's Word, where you will discover his holiness, love, power, mercy, and grace.
Do you often feel you're too busy to sit down and read the Bible, yet you know you need time with God? Well now you can hear from God from virtually anywhere with this digital recording of the Holman Christian Standard Audio Bible. Dale McConachie's goal in recording this is for you to feel, when driving down the road, as if your best friend is in the front seat reading the Bible to you. It is the reader's prayer that many will let the Word of Christ richly dwell in them. People in all 50 states and most foreign countries have purchased audio Bibles recorded by Dale.
1. Part a – Track 1 – starts Genesis
2. Part a – Track 7 – starts Exodus
3. Part a – Track 13 – starts Leviticus
4. Part a – Track 17 – starts Numbers
5. Part b – Track 5 – starts Deuteronomy
6. Part b – Track 9 – starts Joshua
7. Part b – Track 12 – starts Judges
8. Part b – Track 15 – starts Ruth
9. Part b – Track 16 – starts 1st Samuel
10. Part c – Track 4 – starts 2nd Samuel
11. Part c – Track 8 – starts 1st Kings
12. Part c – Track 12 – starts 2nd Kings
13. Part c – Track 16 – starts 1st Chronicles
14. Part d – Track 3 – starts 2nd Chronicles
15. Part d – Track 7- starts Ezra
16. Part d – Track 8 – starts Nehemiah
17. Part d – Track 10 – starts Esther
18. Part d – Track 11 – starts Job
19. Part d – Track 15 – starts Psalms
20. Part e – Track 7 – starts Proverbs
21. Part e – Track 10 – starts Ecclesiasticus
22. Part e – Track 11 – starts Song of Songs
23. Part e – Track 12 – starts Isaiah
24. Part f – Track 1 – starts Jeremiah
25. Part f – Track 8 – starts Lamentations
26. Part f – Track 9 – starts Ezekiel
27. Part f – Track 16 – starts Daniel
28. Part g – Track 1 – starts Hosea
29. Part g – Track 2 – starts Joel
30. Part g – Track 3 – starts Amos
31. Part g – Track 4- starts Obadiah
32. Part g – Track 5 – starts Jonah
33. Part g – Track 6 – starts Micah
34. Part g – Track 7 – starts Nahum
35. Part g – Track 8 – starts Habakkuk
36. Part g – Track 9 – starts Zephaniah
37. Part g – Track 10 – starts Haggai
38. Part g – Track 11 – starts Zechariah
39. Part g – Track 12 – starts Malachi
40. Part g – Track 13 – starts Matthew
41. Part g – Track 17 – starts Mark
42. Part g – Track 20 – starts Luke
43. Part h – Track 1 – starts John
44. Part h – Track 5 – starts Axe
45. Part h – Track 9 – starts Romans
46. Part h – Track 11 – starts 1st Corinthians
47. Part h – Track 13 – starts 2nd Corinthians
48. Part h – Track 14 – starts Galatians
49. Part h – Track 15 – starts Ephesians
50. Part h – Track 16 – starts Philippians
51. Part h – Track 17 – starts Colossians
52. Part h- Track 18 – starts 1st Thessalonians
53. Part h – Track 19 – starts 2nd Thessalonians
54. Part h – Track 20 – starts 1st Timothy
55. Part I – Track 1 – starts 2nd Timothy
56. Part I- Track 2- starts Titus
57. Part I - Track 3- starts Philemon
58. Part I – Track 4- starts Hebrews
59. Part I – Track 5 – starts James
60. Part I – Track 6- starts 1st Peter
61. Part I – Track 7 – starts 2nd Peter
62. Part I – Track 8 – starts 1st John
63. Part I – Track 9 – starts 2nd John
64. Part I – Track 10 – starts 3rd John
65. Part I – Track 11 – starts Jude
66. Part I – Track 12 – starts Revelation
©2004 Holman Bible Publishers (P)2013 Blackstone Audio
Again & again. Easy to listen and fairly intuitive operation. No distracting music or sound effects. Just straight-forward Bible text being read by a pleasant, non-theatrical, American(?) voice. Most technical issues fixed, improved. Not much in the way of instruction. Just figure it out & go. Most of the technical operational issues now resolved. Like it a lot
Being lost to the narrative in a 3-D Biblical event as though I were there at that very moment in a Judaen desert with the story's participants. Doesn't happen often enough with our daily distractions of life in general.
Occasionally am surprised by an event, location, - whatever - that I had not noticed in my long previous Bible-reading history. Enjoyable to rewind, and do-over (& over) in those intriguing spots of narrative
Big fan of this audio edition! Still some glitches. Not perfect, but definitely the best for me at this time.
I would listen to this title again. Listening instead of reading it made it easier to understand.
stories of the Bible
All the scene were good.
I feel let down by the production people. The Holy Bible should, in my opinion, have been broken down into 66 books along with the chapter divisions as they can be found in the print and e book formats. I am undertaking to solve that on my copy by creating my own bookmarks and anotations.
I encourage all audiobook producers to get it right the first time.
The Holy Bible, how can you go wrong with God's word.
Dale Mcconachie did a really great job in reading this book, but I could only give it 4 stars because!
Audible, please hear what your readers are saying.
You need to arrange this bible so that readers can go from chapter to chapter and book to book. This is an easy thing to do. Your readers can go online and purchase an audible bible that can go from chapter to chapter and book to book, and at a resonable price.
Why give away business!
I'll keep this bible because Dale Mcconachie is such a good reader.
I have been a gold member since 2008, and I really enjoy audible.
Please hear your readers.
William from Texas.
This is a great tool for multi-tasking. I get so much more study done and get through more passages by listening. It's even nice to read along to as it helps me keep focused. The only thing I wish was that the chapters would be labeled by the title of the bible books they contain. The good thing of course is that it always starts where you leave off but if you want to go to a different book you have to memorize which chapter contains which books. If you want to find a specific verse that takes a little more searching. The narration was good and accurate. The best feature I like is the different speeds you can set the narration on. You can listen to parts you are more familiar with faster and parts you want to study more in-depth more slowly. Overall, a good value for being able to get through more material faster.
A clear, easy to understand Bible. The narrator was absolutely the best I have ever heard . The product worked well. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars for performance was that the "chapters" the book is broken down into do not reference where in the Bible they correlate to. Glad I bought it; I no longer feel like my long commutes are time wasted
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.