Cheater's Dozen consists of the following 10 short stories:
- "Jasper" (Delbert, Alabama's town bully will meet his match in this tale that has been compared with a Stephen King story).
- "Anything for a Sale" (How far would you go to make the sale of a lifetime? Would you scare someone to death?).
- "Loan Shark" (You're out of options, so you get the money you need from a loan shark. Time's up and you don’t have the money. Now what?).
- "The Hit" (You're dying of cancer and hire a hit man to hit YOU, but all is not as it seems in this deadly cat-and-mouse game).
- "Road Rage" (That punk kid wants to play deadly games with you the road, huh? You'll show him how the game's played).
- "Kerry Me Back" (Kerry used to be your personal bully back in school and now here he is on the other side of your car rental counter. Get him).
- "Charade" (You suspect your husband of cheating but you can't prove it unless you take these drastic steps to expose the dog).
- "On The Lam" (You've had enough of this boring nursing home so you decide to take it on the lam and see what the rest of the world has to offer).
- "Sole Heir" (Aunt Grace is dying and will leave her fortune to you and 9 cats. Who will be the last one standing to collect the whole ball of yarn, so to speak).
- "I'd Stake My Reputation On It" (How to get ahead in big business without peeing in your pants - can it be done?).
©2013 Bill Bernico (P)2013 Bill Bernico