Grahame Wood opened the first Wawa Food Market in 1964 as an outlet for Wawa dairy products. Since then, the convenience store has grown into a well-known company that competes against the biggest industry players in the world in three areas: fuel, convenience, and food, all while maintaining their personal approach and small business mentality. Now, almost 50 years later, Wawa has opened its first store in Florida and begun to play on the national field. How did it happen? What are the reasons for their success? Why have they been able to go up against the big guys with nothing more than homegrown talent? With a mixture of personal history and business advice, Howard Stoeckel shares the last 50 years of Wawa’s growth, development, and expansion. It’s the story of how a small company with a funny name made a big difference and all it took was a little goose sense.
©2014 Howard Stoeckel (P)2014 Gildan Media LLC
Well written and the narration was superb. WaWa' success was obviously not a fluke, they thought out their strategy and executed flawlessly.
This book is about the story of Wawa. However only 20% is about the problems Wawa faced and how they solved them and the other 80% is about how wonderful Wawa is and all the things they have done to improve the community.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.