Have you ever wondered how to make a darkroom print? My goal with this book is to walk you through the entirety of the process, from selecting your film to pressing and toning a print.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn....
- First, I give a quick rundown on shooting film. In this chapter you get tips on how to select your brand and ISO of film and how that choice affects the final product. I also discuss how to take a properly exposed photo.
- Opening your film can be a little tricky. I break this down, with different technique suggestions, and tell you how to load your film reel and tank.
- The next chapter is all about processing film for 35mm and 120mm. I talk about how to set up chemicals, use them, and dispose of them properly.
- I also discuss how to make contact sheets and how to use them to your benefit for making prints.
- I walk you through basic printmaking, from filter selection to test strips to the final print.
- Dodging and burning is a more advanced technique to further enhance the overall look of your image.
- Final print prep is also a very important step in the entire printmaking process. If you don't properly drain, dry, and press your photos, they won't be of great quality for display or selling.
- Toning is another advanced technique that will give your prints beautiful color and a unique pop others won't have.
- It's always important to digitize your prints and negatives so you have them for further reference and for your website later as well.
- I go through all these things and more!
©2015 Sender Publishing (P)2015 Sender Publishing