Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $6.95
"Whittling for me is more than just an art. It is like meditation and rather therapeutical. Every single time you create something, it brings you the delight and also the happiness that meets your mind and soul."
This is the reply I got from an old practitioner when I asked him how do you interpret whittling. Then I realized the core idea behind this craft. It comes with no deadline, no pre-written script, no rules, and just pure expression of your emotions through a knife and a piece of wood.
In the present times, when all the self-help gurus are talking about Digital Detox, whittling comes as a strong contender to pass on to the young and the old alike.
About the Book:
This book is like a friend sharing his experiences and taking you from point A to B in your whittling journey. The examples and references are real and taken out of the conversations with various experienced whittlers.
The book covers:
- Introduction: History of Whittling, how it started and became part of popular culture.
- Wood: All about the type of wood, grains, and tips for starting.
- Tools: All about pocket and carving knives
- Techniques: All type of cuts
- Safety: Gloves, Thumb pads, duct tape, and other innovative options.
- Starter projects with photos and step by step instructions
- Frequently asked questions: 22 beginner questions as answered by experts: Multiple solutions to a single problem
- List of online resources for patterns
- I have included realistic photographs, discussions, tips, FAQs, which I have received along the way of my journey in whittling over the years.
Still on the fence?