Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $54.54
Fifty unusual and enchanting short stories.
- 1. A Lucky Number by S. B. Hale
- 2. The Brown Wallet by Stacy Aumonier
- 3. The Queen of Spades by Alexander Pushkin
- 4. A Strange Thing by John Galsworthy
- 5. Rats by M. R. James
- 6. The Mark of the Beast by Rudyard Kipling
- 7. My Adventure in Norfolk by A. J. Alan
- 8. Gabriel-Ernest by Hector Hugh Munro
- 9. The Pig and Whistle by George Gissing
- 10. The Misogynist by Henry Prothero
- 11. An Egyptian Cigarette by Kate Chopin
- 12. Miss Bracegirdle Does Her Duty by Stacy Aumonier
- 13. The Changeling by W. W. Jacobs
- 14. A Strange Goldfield by Guy Boothby
- 15. A Poor Gentleman by George Gissing
- 16. The Room by Stacy Aumonier
- 17. The Inn of the Two Witches by Joseph Conrad
- 18. The Other Side by Count Eric Stanislaus Stenbock
- 19. The Test by W. W. Jacobs
- 20. Old Iron by Stacy Aumonier
- 21. Nyarlathotep by H. P. Lovecraft
- 22. A Queer Night in Paris by Guy de Maupassant
- 23. The Famous Race Between the Hearse and the Steamroller by Sidney Keyes
- 24. The Haunted Dolls’ House by M. R. James
- 25. A Falling Out by Kenneth Grahame
- 26. The Belated Russian Passport by Mark Twain
- 27. The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe
- 28. Adrian by Hector Hugh Munro
- 29. H2 Etc. by A. J. Alan
- 30. The Stalled Ox by Hector Hugh Munro
- 31. The Cabin Passenger by W. W. Jacobs
- 32. The Hair by A. J. Alan
- 33. The Egg by Sherwood Anderson
- 34. Submarine by Stella Benson
- 35. An Intervention by W. W. Jacobs
- 36. Blackmail by John Galsworthy
- 37. Red Hanrahan by W. B. Yeats
- 38. A Child’s Revenge by Paul Bourget
- 39. Miss Brill by Katherine Mansfield
- 40. Curried Cow by Ambrose Bierce
- 41. Odour of Chrysanthemums by D. H. Lawrence
- 42. Miss Harriet by Guy de Maupassant
- 43. The Mother Stone by John Galsworthy
- 44. Alf’s Dream by W. W. Jacobs
- 45. A Source of Irritation by Stacy Aumonier
- 46. Lost in a Pyramid by Louisa May Alcott
- 47. Mrs. Packletide’s Tiger by Hector Hugh Munro
- 48. My Uncle Jules by Guy de Maupassant
- 49. Major Namby by Wilkie Collins
- 50. Number 17 by Edith Nesbit
What listeners say about Unusual Short Stories
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Paul Martel
After getting used to the narrator, I began to enjoy her style of reading, and I continued to listen to all 69 stories until the last one which I enjoyed as much as the first one.
12 people found this helpful
- Amazon Customer
Absolutely terrible performance
Would you try another book from the authors and/or Cathy Dobson?
Not from Cathy Dobson . It is nearly impossible to follow the stories . Awfull performance
Who would you have cast as narrator instead of Cathy Dobson?
Do you think Unusual Short Stories needs a follow-up book? Why or why not?
I love short stories but with a different narrator
4 people found this helpful
- Peter Buchanan
Poor narration. Not awful but not good. Many of the stories are told in the first person by a male. So why a partially incompetent woman reading?
A lot of these are dry dated old stuff from the days when gay only meant jolly. While there are occasional gems there is a lot more chaff than wheat. I hope nobody ever payed the full price for this as it is just some sweepings from the library floor thrown together and narrated without flare. You'd find much better podcasts for free. Best avoided unless you enjoy handsome cabs, handlebar moustaches and laboured writing.
- Martin Bannon
I could not even make it through Chapter 1. You would think that Audible would vet the narrators beforehand, but it would seem not. Absolutely awful.