The Why & How of Positive Teacher-Student Relationships with Ebony Thornton
- Sep 13 2021
- Length: 38 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
In this episode we talk about how essential positive teacher-student relationships are, particularly when we want our students to feel valued, comfortable and motivated to speak the target language. [sign up for Talking Points]
I am joined by Ebony Thornton, a teacher in Georgia, who speaks about...
- relationships with her own teachers and those that influenced her student-teacher relationships
- barriers that make teacher-student relationships challenging
- respecting distance when needed
- how do you get to know your students
- how effective relationships enhance the teaching and learning experience
- the “savior” complex
- representation in the language classroom
Connect with Ebony Thronton
Connect with Joshua and the World Language Classroom Community