Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
The Upside of Aging: How Long Life Is Changing the World of Health, Work, Innovation, Policy and Purpose explores a titanic shift that will alter every aspect of human existence, from the jobs we hold to the products we buy to the medical care we receive - an aging revolution is underway across America and the world. Moving beyond the stereotypes of dependency and decline that have defined older age, The Upside of Aging reveals the vast opportunity and potential of this aging phenomenon, despite significant policy and societal challenges that must be addressed.
With a positive call to action, the book illuminates the upside for health and wellness, work and volunteerism, economic growth, innovation and education. The authors, like the baby boom generation itself, posit new ways of thinking about aging, as longevity and declining birthrates put the world on track for a mature population of unprecedented size and significance. Among topics they examine are:
- The emotional intelligence and qualities of the aging brain that science is uncovering, "senior moments" notwithstanding.
- The new worlds of genomics, medicine and technology that are revolutionizing health care and wellness.
- The aging population's massive impact on global markets, with enormous profit potential from an explosion in products and services geared toward mature consumers.
- New education paradigms to meet the needs and aspirations of older people, and to capitalize on their talents.
- The benefits that aging workers and entrepreneurs bring to companies, and the crucial role of older people in philanthropy and society.
The Upside of Aging defines a future that differs profoundly from the retirement dreams of our parents and grandparents, one that holds promise and power and bears the stamp of a generation that has changed every stage of life through which it has moved.