Every day, young girls and women are bombarded with unrealistic media representations of women. Advertisements, Miss America contests, television shows, and movies are all responsible for the low self-esteem that many women are facing today.
In the media especially, "beautiful'' women are depicted as being thin, perfect skinned, and big breasted. The reality is, many women are not thin, do not have perfect skin, and are not big breasted. Since they do not fit these "ideal" images of beauty, many women believe that they are not beautiful and do not appeal to men.
This chapter will dispose some of these media beliefs about beauty by discussing what beauty really is, how ideas of beauty differ around the world, and what men really think about beauty.
Book content includes:
- Chapter 1 - What is real and true beauty today?
- Chapter 2 - The pursuit of beauty;
- Chapter 3 - The psychology of beauty;
- Chapter 4 - How do we truly understand beauty?
- Chapter 5 - Beyond the beauty trap;
- Chapter 6 - Making yourself beautiful in your own way;
- Chapter 7 - Natural beauty products and beauty enhancement;
- Chapter 8 - Beauty: an essential ingredient for choosing a spouse.