Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $16.52
A riveting collection of stories of ships, sailors, adventures on the high seas and maritime mysteries.
- "The Tale" by Joseph Conrad
- "The Saloon Passenger" by E. W. Hornung
- "The Terrible Story of the 'Mary Russell'" by J. G. Lockhart
- "Marooned" by J. G. Lockhart
- "A Rash Experiment "by W. W. Jacobs
- "The Mystery of the Mary Celeste" by J. G. Lockhart
- "Smoked Skipper" by W. W. Jacobs
- "The Flying Dutchman" by J. G. Lockhart
- "The Cabin Passenger" by W. W. Jacobs
- "The Ship that saw a Ghost" by Frank Norris
- "The Murderer" by Perceval Gibbon
- "The First Shot" by J. J. Bell
- "The Secret Sharer" by Joseph Conrad
- "Jenny" by Victor Hugo
- "My Uncle Jules" by Guy de Maupassant
- "The Shadow of the Shark" by G. K. Chesterton
- "Typhoon" off the Coast of Japan by Jack London
- "Submarine" by Stella Benson
- "The Lost Ship" by W. W. Jacobs
What listeners say about Stories of the SeaAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
This person reading the stories needs to familiarize herself with the proper pronunciation of nautical terminology! Her strong accent does little to enhance the story. She also reads with a somewhat hesitant metered rhythm as she chops sentences into small sound bites. These characteristics greatly detract from one's enjoyment of the books being read.
4 people found this helpful
If one is going to narrate a book or produce a narration, one aught to set foot on at least one vessel
Cringe worthy mispronounced words. At least check a dictionary if it is a word that is new to you because you’ve never been aboard any vessel.
1 person found this helpful