A safety guide covering all aspects of horses and horsemanship. Novice equestrians and professionals alike will find useful tips concerning the welfare of horse and rider.
Aimed to simplify the world of horses and help to prevent injury to the equestrian and the horse. Topics include:
- How horses think and why it matters.
- Safety measures to take before you get to the barn; what to wear, how to act.
- Choosing the best trainer, veterinarian, and farrier.
- Buying and selling a horse.
- Safely riding in company, on the trail, and in the arena.
- Why choosing the correct tack is important.
- Trailer loading and safety hauling tips.
- Health care and more.