Secret Lives of the Supreme Court
- What Your Teachers Never Told you About America's Legendary Justices
- Narrated by: Gregory St. John
- Length: 8 hrs
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $24.95
You’ll discover that:
- Hugo Black was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.
- Benjamin Cardozo likely died a virgin.
- John Rutledge attempted suicide by jumping off a bridge.
- John Marshall Harlan organized regular screenings of X-rated films.
- Thurgood Marshall never missed an episode of Days of Our Lives.
- Sandra Day O’Connor established the court’s first Jazzercise class.
And much, much more! With chapters on everyone from John Jay to Samuel Alito, Secret Lives of the Supreme Court tackles all the tough questions that other history books are afraid to ask: How many of these judges took bribes? How many were gay? And how could so many sink into dementia while serving on the highest court in the land? American history was never this much fun in school!
What listeners say about Secret Lives of the Supreme CourtAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Jimmy J. S.
Don't Waste Your Money or Time.
What would have made Secret Lives of the Supreme Court better?
If it were not so poorly written and thinly researched. This book was an utter waste of time and money.
What could Robert Schnakenberg have done to make this a more enjoyable book for you?
Not written it.
1 person found this helpful
- Amazon Customer
if this work was intended to be frothy and vacuous, it succeed. Begins with giving the astrological signs of the justices and degenerates from there into standard, threadbare politically correct pablum. Remarkable only insofar as the entire work deals with important cases and history changing decisions without stumbling over a single insight or legal concept. Not worth the time...